Helpline No. : 03592 202318

Funding Pattern for NMFP

This scheme will be implemented as a new centrally sponsored scheme in all the States in the ratio of 75:25 (Govt. of India and States) except for North Eastern States, where the ratio would be 90:10. All the UTs would be funded on 100% grant basis.

Criteria for allocation of funds to the States

Ministry of Food Processing Industries will allocate funds to the states in proportion to their population and area and also minimum/floor amount. During the first year i.e. 2012-13, 75% allocation of the States will be released as first installment. The remaining 25% will be released based on the submission of utilization certificate of 50% of the allocated amount (including state’s share). In case any state is not able to draw its entitled 2nd installment during the financial year, the same will be allocated to the states who require additional funds. This will normally be decided by the Ministry in the 3rd quarter of the financial year (by 31.12.2012).

Second installment will be released to the states on submission of following documents:

  • Proposal for release in prescribed format. (Annexure-I)
  • Utilization certificate of 50% of the amount including the opening balance duly certified by Financial Authority of the State. (Annexure-II)

 

The above norms will be reviewed as and when the full scheme of NMFP for the remaining period of 12th Plan is approved by the Competent Authority.